very quite axial fan, 240v

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanser,
if we were only here for high days and holidays I would be more likely to appreciate the charm.
From what I can gather 12db would probably be less noisy than the fish tank pump(which is on 24-7) or the DVD player which is on most of the time we are in the room.

As we often have to open the windows (even on the coldest nights) when the fire gets going reducing the heat I do not think would be an issue.

Last night for example, 8 degrees outside, 24 degrees at 4 feet up & 3metres diagonally away from the stove, 28 degrees at ceiling height.
Shutters (external) were closed and 2 windows ajar.

Cheers
Andy

RogerS":1spxplow said:
Wouldn't the hot air rise by itself through convection?

I had been thinking of doing the opposite in the workshop as it has a very high gable and since hot air rises was going to stick a piece of soil pipe vertically with a fan inside it to suck down hot air to floor level.

Got round to measuring the temperature difference between the apex (4.5m high) and head level. Only 1 degree and so don't think it's worth bothering with as I reckon that all the fans, dust extraction etc will churn the air up enough.

Roger,
This picture was taken after the stove had been alight for about two hours. The vent on the right chucks out hot air from the chimney breast . a metal flue takes the smoke up and out.
37 degree C, is taken just in front of the plate cloe to the ceiling, 20 degrees is the temperature at the gadget. The other side of the door was 18 degrees 6feet up and about 6 feet away.
DSCN6865.jpg

Cheers

Andy

Ahah..I just re-read my post and realise how easy it was to misconstrue! I was referring to me sticking up my vertical soilpipe with fan to draw down hot air from the apex to my working level in the workshop...

Back