Veritas LAS 01 blades - cheap.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iNewbie":2rld1e7g said:
Brimarc appear to be offloading the Veritas LAS 01 blades, cheaply.

Brimarc webpage
Yebbut how do you ge them? Not from Brimarc direct nor from anybody else as far as I can see. I want one if it's cheap as I'm selling my LAS shortly and it'd add value.

Axminster. I found the plane then the blades under related products. The search for the blades didn't seem to bring them up.

Blade turned up. It looks like old stock possibly a return. Slightly rusty. Oh well I'm selling the plane so a bit of polishing might be called for!

iNewbie":1wrbclgv said:
Curious: did it arrive in a cardboard package or the new plastic case?
Neither. A slightly shop soiled blue poly bag definitely not in factory fresh condition. Obviously previously opened as an older stick-on label/seal was broken.

iNewbie":1jgyoall said:
Ah - the blue poly is an anti-corrison bag.
That's good then it could have been even rustier!
Sent a complaint to AX. I'll keep it anyway but they should have said 2nd quality, shop soiled or whatever.

I ordered a Block Plane blade and its in an unopened box, no blue poly - so they can't all be returns/etc.

Thanks to this thread I was able to pick up the 38 and 50 O1 blades for my Veritas Low Angle Smoother and a 38 O1 for my Low Angle Block plane. I was only charged 13 quid to ship to South Africa (arrived last night, yay) and I ended up paying in about 8 quid for the import duties and tax.

I think this exercise was still cheaper than buying from Lee Valley.

Blades came in the Veritas white cardboard boxes. I also bought a set of those cone sharpeners so I can use drill press mortice chisels to make holes for raised pegs (aka Arts and Crafts/Greene & Greene).

Back