Veritas HCS blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aled Dafis

Established Member
Reaction score
A while ago Rob mentioned bringing out HCS blades acros the entire Veritas range, has anyone heard any more.

The benefit of keener edges, easier sharpening seems ideal for the work I do (weekend use in native timbers). I also seem to recall him mentioning that we could probably buy 2 or 3 HCS blades for the price of A2.

I'm sure that a few of you guys have probably been testing them for months and won't let on. Hints or suggestions would be fine. :D

As far as I'm aware, they should debut in the new catalogue (out towards the end of this month). Not sure if they'll be that much cheaper though.

Cheers, Alf

Who's going to need a bulk order to replace all the A2 ones :shock:

Who? Me? Nah. Looks like I was recalling incorrectly - September.

Cheers, Alf

The one I've been trying is very nice though... :-$ 8-[

Aled Dafis":12dvcf2k said:
A while ago Rob mentioned bringing out HCS blades acros the entire Veritas range, has anyone heard any more.

Hi Aled -

Blades are all in process now... Prices are going to be close to A2 - either the same for small blades, or $2-4 less for large blades. The material cost isn't much of a factor.

They'll also be laser engraved, so you can tell 'em apart. And - the O1 blades for the bevel-up series will also be a different shape (just the corners)...

Cheers -

Rob

Back