Veg plot make over

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
I know a number of you are keen gardeners so I thought I'd share what I've just completed on one half of my veg plot. The weather we've enjoyed over the past week or so is far too good for woodworking.

The blocks were scavenged from my neighbour so all I had to buy were the 6" gravel boards and a cubic meter of topsoil (about half used so far)

The glazing panels I've had for ages and are the secondary glazing type so in time I may well add a wooden frame so they can be hinged. Each of the oblong plots are 40" wide by 8' long

DSCN5094.jpg

I've a mini greenhouse to move into the area to the right of the small bush (blackcurrant).

Then next year I will do the same on the other half of the plot

DSCN5095.jpg

This photo makes it look very bad. In fact there is carpet under there which keeps the weeds down (and the badgers at bay) so in about 30 mins I can have that area striped back and ready for the runner beans in about a month of so.

Andy

looking very good Andy. I'm a big fan of raised beds, with my back and all. I have also been busy with my plot. Sadly I think the weather is going to change now for a bit :(

DSCN0163.JPG

Back