Vagaries of ebay....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Was watching this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Seller is fairly local and deals in machinery, thought that being Nutool :oops: it would go for a song and might come in useful.

Not so - did you clock the price? - what part of this am I missing or do I get a funny feeling here?...have they become collectors items and much sought after?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I've dealt with this company before, quite a few times infact, especially when it was Ribble Valley. I don't think there's anything dodgy going on. I've always found them great to deal with. But I was watching the same item (plus a few others of theirs) and was suprised at the price it went for. Blister has a similar one for sale at about 1/3 the price!

Froggy.

...and I've bought from him on a couple of occasions - but the price is way too advanced for what the thing is - you could buy a very good Fox 2hp and have £50 change inc' delivery !

I have bought from him as well and never had any doubts.

I think this is probably a case of someone not doing their homework again, I sell the odd bit on ebay and I am often suprised at the prices I get for stuff.

Tom

... that is farcical.

Would innitially suspect some shilly business, but as members here have dealt with the seller before and say all is well it just goes to prove "there's one born every minute". :roll:

Got my Metabo extractor from ebay for £46. Certainly wouldn't have paid any more for the nu-tool!

That reminds me... must get round to finally plumbing it in! :shock:

Roy

Probably two people fighting over it and getting the red mist....bonkers!

I got this little baby for a song locally...you just have to search "distance closest first" and one will come up.

DSC_0053.JPG

Jim

Firstly - I have no comments on that seller, not having used them.

As to the strange prices you get on Ebay, often with with cheap, what we know to be lower quality tooling going for silly money. I think it is often down to inexperience of the brands people buy.

for example
Someone decides they NEEEEEED a thicknesser, looks on the bay, recognises what they know is a good brand e.g. Dewalt (when ever you see a tradesman on the telly or working in your house he/she will be holding a Dewalt or Makita drill)

So they watch a few Dewalt thicknesser auctions - go pale at the prices and cast the net wider. In a little bay picture a NuTool is not that different to the pics of the dewalt ones - so they bid and the excitment builds. It goes for fifty quid less than the dewalt and the bayer is happy. For a bit.........

All you can really say though was that the buyer was happy to pay that price for it and it was his decision to hit the "commit to buy" button after placing his bid.

But I must say on a personal note I'm amazed at what people pay for things on ebay - and I must admit I have taken advantage of it selling surplus stuff myself which a few years ago would probably ended up being thrown away.

What may be rubbish to you maybe gold to another person - remember ebay is an auction site (unless its buy it now) and it is the buyers decision to pay not the vendors.

Rog

Back