Vacuum bags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve

I've got a bag that a double mattress came in that you can have if that would work (it's in my cyclone bin at the moment so is dusty, but you could turn it inside out). It's at least 2m x 1.5m and quite heavy duty polythene. Drop me a message if you want me to send it to you.

If you use a melamine faced baseboard,you can get away with a strip of masking tape to hold the bag down.You do have to be very careful to avoid creases and if they are inevitable you have to apply the tape to their edges.There might be a slight leakage and a small loss of vacuum.If you want a total seal you really need to use the mastic tape the composites people rely on.

Thanks for the tape info. I must admit I was planning to use silicone. I do have some thick DS carpet tape, but I'm not sure that it would be airtight. I also have some super-sticky outdoor gaffer tape. I'll experiment a bit before I commit my veneer.

Back