V-cutter for rotary tool?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farlsborough

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I’d like to do some texturing and keep seeing a Manpa V-cutter on the ‘gram that looks ideal, only problem being that it is a US company which is prohibitively expensive even before shipping is calculated! And looks like it uses their proprietary rotary tool as well.

Surely someone is making a wheel-based, V-profiled accessory for Dremels…? I see that in the common cheapo carving burr sets there is a triangular point, but this isn’t going to give the correct smooth entry/exit points. I want a wheel that can be brought down into and out of the wood in one smooth action, leaving a V-shaped gouge. (I have a v-gouge hand tool, I’m just lazy.)

Not sure what you intend working on but can you use a small router with a 1/4 “ v groove bit -widely available without spending a fortune on the tools and the shipping and possible import costs.

Infinity tools do a flush and V-groove cutter, that will fit a 1/4 inch router. Even with router cutters there seems to be a real dearth of those that cut a V from the side apart from the matched edging sets which can be a bit pricey

Back