V.C.I.Paper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi!, me again with another question!
Does anybody know where to get V.CI. (rust inhibiting) paper in small quantities?
T.I.A.
pip

I think Matthew at Workshop Heaven sells some good stuff for rust inhibiting...otherwise use some mothballs in small perforated tins - Rob

woodbloke":1snmasut said:
I think Matthew at Workshop Heaven sells some good stuff for rust inhibiting...otherwise use some mothballs in small perforated tins - Rob

Does that really work? Never heard it before.

Yup. seems to work for me, been doing it for years.
I use the Shippams fish paste type pots and punch four or five holes in the lid,chusck i 4/5 mothballs and put at back of a drawer. Use more if you are always in and out of the drawer.Cheers
Martin

Just a quick thought on this subject;
Can anyone tell me why the VCI stuff is so unbelievably expensive?
Couple of drops on a bit of sponge goes for £3 or so!
Makes plutonium look cheap! :roll:
Martin

TheTiddles":1t1zd1qn said:
I thought mothballs were banned years ago?

Aidan
Nope...still very common and readily available. I've seen Martin's arrangements for using moth balls and they do work.
Martin needs a lot of them though :shock: :lol: - Rob

Thanks all, think I'll try the mothballs, if I can track some down, not seen any for years
pip

make sure that you get the napthalene ones
martin
PS I often wonder what happens to all the moths with no b****?
getting me coat...... :lol:

Pip":2voaursq said:
Thanks all, think I'll try the mothballs, if I can track some down, not seen any for years
pip

Try your local garden centre. Mine sells them in amongst all the other pesticides.

Jim

Back