using wieght's on a Hegner multi-cut 3 scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintD56

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I heard a person mention something about placing weights on the hold down arm of thew old multicut 3 scroll saw to reduce vibration, has anyone else ever heard that? Wonder how they would go about that?

No, never heard of it. Off the top of my head it may be a fix to cure some resonance at a particular speed. If anyone else has greater insight I'd be glad to hear it.

Today I heard a person mention something about placing weights on the hold down arm of thew old multicut 3 scroll saw to reduce vibration, has anyone else ever heard that? Wonder how they would go about that?
Never heard of this on a Hegner, mine is very smooth running and vibration free and I assumed others were all the same? My Diamond fretsaw does vibrate and it has a counterbalance weight fitted to the counter-shaft to try to mitigate vibration. On the advice of the man who invented the diamond saw I removed the weight and bolted it down to the floor instead.

Never heard of this on a Hegner, mine is very smooth running and vibration free and I assumed others were all the same? My Diamond fretsaw does vibrate and it has a counterbalance weight fitted to the counter-shaft to try to mitigate vibration. On the advice of the man who invented the diamond saw I removed the weight and bolted it down to the floor instead.
I purchased this Hegner a few months ago, it's a 1987 Multicut-3 I was also told that it is also known as a Multimax 25 because of its size and that they stop making this model because of vibration problems. I am waiting for a response from Advance Machinery here in the U.S.A. They might be able to help me with this question. If I learn anything, new I'll post it for others to read. It might be useful to those that have the same model scroll saw.
Have A Great Day.

I found some pictures of these weights, what do you think ever seen or heard of these?

Attachments

• 20220907_123242[2752].jpg
    20220907_123242[2752].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_123305[2753].jpg
    20220907_123305[2753].jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_124918[2754].jpg
    20220907_124918[2754].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220907_124931[2755].jpg
    20220907_124931[2755].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
No, never heard of it. Off the top of my head it may be a fix to cure some resonance at a particular speed. If anyone else has greater insight I'd be glad to hear it.

Resonance! That is what I could not figure out on my small Hegner! :giggle:
Will look at this when I next do some sawing.

I'm not 100% sure about the issue, but I finally came across a weight that was designed for the 1987 Hegner Multicut-3. I was told that this model had vibration concerns, maybe that is why they don't make this model anymore. I bought this scroll saw back a few months ago, I'm just smoothing out some of the rough edges. The saw works well just have a few quirks, that's all. It's a learning thing. Will know more when I get and install this weight.
Have A Great Day.

Got the weight, now I'll have to install it and try it out.
We will see if there is any difference after I install it. I'll Know tomorrow.
Have A Great Day.

Latest posts

Back