Uploading pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to make my first jig for cutting tenons and wanted to share with other members but don't know how to post photos.

Can I do this or is it taboo, could anyone enlighten me please.

Many thanks

Martin

Ah ha, this is like your passage of rights, it took me about 5 days to do it :lol:

Testing
detail

I use a photo shop called image shack. But I think its a case of just keep trying, if once you have up loaded your photo there may be a link which says "direct" just paste that and put it between the IMG bits

Click on the img box in the site you are using, it should say, copied.
Then come back to the forum and and from the drop down edit menu paste.

if that doesn't work see you on the 18th. :)

Dom

Martin,

There is something odd about the link, it is the address of a page with the picture on it, you need a link directly to the picture for the image tags to work. :?
You can link to the page. :D

Martin,

It seems you need to right click on each picture in your yahoo album and copy the address between image flags.

like this
ba75re2.jpg

then the next one.

1ab9re2.jpg

and so on.

HTH

Bob

Edit : pipper - that did not work - I give up!

Bob,

For the image tags to work the link needs to end with .jpg or another supported picture extension, but some links have odd combinations of characters in them that cause the forum software to throw a wobberly. (Technical Term :wink: )

Hi Martin

I uploaded a few pics to the forum and I found that the easiest way is:

Open an account in Photobucket, go here and just follow the procedure...
http://photobucket.com/register.php?ref=headerregister

After you upload the pics to Photobucket, you will see under each pic
URL Link
HTML Tag
IMG Code - that's the one you need

Left click on the IMG Code... not on the "IMG Code" but on what is to the right of the "IMG Code", it should be "http://......photobucket" (when you put your courser on the text, the courser will change to "I" shape).

When you left click, you will see that the text background turns Blue and the word "Copied" on a yellow background will appear momentary.

On your post, right click on the place that you want the pic and on the drop-down menu choose and click on the "Past".

If you want to upload another pic to the post, go again to Photobucket and repeat the procedure

Preview your post and you should see the pictures

Hope it helps
niki

Thanks everybody for your advice, I will try Photobucket next time as i have posted these pics already in a new topic 'Table Saw Jigs' Be gentle on me, it's my first attempt at posting pics and my first attempt at proper woodwork :wink:

Latest posts

Back