upgrading dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williams1185

Established Member
Reaction score
hi this is my first post even though ive been a member for quite a while . im looking to improve my dust extraction and have been looking at the record range namely the dx4000 and the dx5000 has anyone got any of these if so how have they worked out for you ? thanks in advance , ian

Hi,

I have 2 DX4000 both now fitted with a Thien separator as well. Both are quite loud, one is inside a muffler case the other aint. My workshop is long and narrow hence two.

Both have been reliable and worked very well. The Thien separators have also reduced the expense of filters. Recommended.

Al

I have the DX4000 - swap between router table and drum sander. It has been very reliable but is certainly very noisy. I use a Maplins remote control plug to turn it on or off.

thank you for your comments think im going ahead with one or the other and doing as Beech1948 has done and enclose it

williams1185,

If you enclose it then you need to allow some air exchange in order to keep it cool. Record will tell you the duty cycle of the DX4000. I seldom use mine for longer than 45 minutes at a time but too be safe I padded the inside of the enclosure with old carpet, drilled 6 holes and constructed a 3 layer baffle inside to prevent noise getting out. If you wanted to tune out most noise then use some loudspeaker padding in the baffle. Most of my real gains have been via the combines Thien separator which adds some "cyclone" like action to the dropbox.

You could also go online and look at Cyclone Central a Uk company run by a member which sells a DIY cyclone powered by your DC...a good option. This maybe instead of the Thien separator.

good luck with it

Al

thanks again Al i will look into the cyclone guess il have to post again when its sorted !

Back