Unusual tiny Norris Luthiers plane / scraper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm suspicious of it. There is no reference to such a norris scraper plane on the internet. I've seen too many ebay sellers spout "I don't know much about..." but when you read the rest of the description they clearly indicate they do know more than they're letting on. and or their history is loaded with many tools sales... When you read a sellers title and description where they're truly ignorant of what they have, they rarely try to draw attention to a name that means little or nothing to them... but this individual is clearly trying to draw your attention to a name that is very sought after in the tool collecting world. But! yet he has no idea at all about the plane... Do your homework on this one

I've just sent the seller a question to try and draw out a bit more regarding how much they're on the up an up

That might be a bow makers plane. They tend to use very small scraper type planes on their Pernambuco. Bit of a guess though.

Looks like a front bun that has been bodged into a plane, look and the difference between the blade angle and mouth, and the cut outs in the sides of the sides.
I don't thing Norris would produce any thing so sloppy.

pete

Racers":1ve9fv2j said:
Looks like a front bun that has been bodged into a plane, look and the difference between the blade angle and mouth, and the cut outs in the sides of the sides.
I don't thing Norris would produce any thing so sloppy.

pete

File marks all over the place, wood-stamped logo not central. I think it's been craftsman made using a Norris donor.

BugBear

whiskywill":2yruam9a said:
SpinDoctor":2yruam9a said:
and or their history is loaded with many tools sales...

Loaded? This seller has had only one sale of tools in 169 sales.

Oh deary me you got me on semantics... Oh the shame of it... She also doesn't have any other tools for sale even though this plane came from a box of tools her dad had... Are you the one that just got ripped off for £200

SpinDoctor":15ol5ag8 said:
whiskywill":15ol5ag8 said:
SpinDoctor":15ol5ag8 said:
and or their history is loaded with many tools sales...

Loaded? This seller has had only one sale of tools in 169 sales.

Oh deary me you got me on semantics.

Does that mean you were wrong? I don't understand these fancy long haired words.

BugBear

Back