Union Jubilee advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclectic

Reaction score
Recently picked up my first lathe, a Union Jubilee. Lovely machine and have started playing around learning the different chisels and trying some various wood.

I have a patriot chuck which goes on the bowl turning end but I would like to mount it on other side. However I can't figure out how to remove the 4pronged driver bit that is there. Can someone advise how to do this please. Thanks

IMG20220902183833.jpg

IMG20220907164418.jpg

Use a suitable sized piece of dowel or similar and just tap it out from the other side, if its been in a while you may need to give it a bit of a whack to free it up :)

Thank you. I will have a go at that later. I tentatively tried something like that earlier but didn't want to apply to much force without being certain.

The chuck came with a couple of adapters, one reverse thread for the bowl turning side and one normal thread so I think it'll go on. Will update once I've had a go.

You can make a knock out bar by getting a piece of bright mild steel bar of the right size to go through the spindle and if you have a steel merchant nearby buy a small cast steel/iron ball for a few quid which you can drill and epoxy to the end of the bar to add a bit of weight.

Back