Um... How clever...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shows waht can be done.... with practice, and what appears to be a good machine. If I tried that with my machine the blade wood pop off.

xy

Interesting - compound cutting on a bandsaw. I would have liked to see the finished piece in more detail - I suspect the quality of finish would be a little rough to say the least. The speed of cut suggests it is a very light wood as well, initial reaction was balsa wood, but possibly lime. And a very thin blade. Agreed the cutting speed is impressive, but if you saw the finished piece without seeing the cutting I think it may be less impressive.

Steve.

StevieB":3pb2a894 said:
Interesting - compound cutting on a bandsaw. I would have liked to see the finished piece in more detail - I suspect the quality of finish would be a little rough to say the least. The speed of cut suggests it is a very light wood as well, initial reaction was balsa wood, but possibly lime. And a very thin blade. Agreed the cutting speed is impressive, but if you saw the finished piece without seeing the cutting I think it may be less impressive.

Steve.

The Fine blade is the trick,and it is Lime Wood or as we call it Basswood .The finished piece I was able to hold was very smooth,I think thats what sold his blades.He sold out of blades the first day....He made big Deer and tiny Deer for the kids made it look real easy.

Back