Ultimate buffing system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudormaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just purchased the Ultimate buffing system from Turners Retreat. My problem is That I have three wheels I think that I can work which is out course, medium and fine for final buffing.
I have a white and a creamy beige compound. Do I start with the beige on the courser of the wheels then the white on the medium then use the softest with nothing on (the wheel) to end.
Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

I have the Chesnut buffing system, but it's essentially identical. I use the redish brown tripoli first (after sanding to 400grit), then the white compound and finish off with a little carnuba wax on the final (softest) mop.

Buffing definitely makes a difference to the quality of your finish, it's probably the cheapest and most effective finishing tool I have.

Edit: Cross post with Cambournpete

Terry,
If you are still not sure, call Peter at Toolpost - he's very helpful.
And if you want a reply before they open, send an email - he will reply out of hours.
HTH
Greg

gregmcateer":1r2i1lfl said:
Terry,
And if you want a reply before they open, send an email - he will reply out of hours.
HTH
Greg

What??? Call the people you bought if from! We deal with both retailers mentioned and have a great relationship with both of them, but really, this is like buying parts for your car from Halfords and then going into the local garage to ask how to fit them!
And anyway, proper kits come with proper instructions!

(Just wondering if I've had a bad day and no, I haven't, just venting)

Terry Smart":3klsnjmr said:
..... this is like buying parts for your car from Halfords and then going into the local garage to ask how to fit them!

definitely better this way than the other way round #-o

(and I have had a bad day! :roll: )

Terry Smart":2zq04un0 said:
gregmcateer":2zq04un0 said:
Terry,
HTH
Greg

What??? Call the people you bought if from! We deal with both retailers mentioned and have a great relationship with both of them, but really, this is like buying parts for your car from Halfords and then going into the local garage to ask how to fit them!
And anyway, proper kits come with proper instructions!

(Just wondering if I've had a bad day and no, I haven't, just venting)

Mind made up !!! I will buy the Beal system. !!!

Again thanks for all of the answers and suggestions I went out and tried it today, and was pleasantly surprised at the finish that the system made.
My only problem is I still cant stand at the lathe for to long :( , the tablets work after a fashion but they sometimes make me more light headed that normal :lol:.
Still got to try to get out and make some candlesticks. (I need the point).

Terry

Latest posts

Back