UKIWS? (Woodturning Symposium)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clk230":j16ag886 said:
I wish them the best of luck in this .just not sure the event will encourage many new turners .
I don't see that as a problem.
There's nothing wrong with an event by woodturners for woodturners.
Trying to target the event at both the lay public and enthusiastic turners seems to just make the event harder to run and promote.

Rhossydd":3movf59y said:
clk230":3movf59y said:
I wish them the best of luck in this .just not sure the event will encourage many new turners .
I don't see that as a problem.
There's nothing wrong with an event by woodturners for woodturners.
Trying to target the event at both the lay public and enthusiastic turners seems to just make the event harder to run and promote.

I don't see it as a problem either, but I might have missed something, as I thought it was aimed at increasing the number of people turning.

Anyhoo, I reckon it could be a great weekend and if it leads to more people turning, playing with wood in any form, or stays as a nice way for existing turners to meet and play together, then it'll be a good thing all round.

It was this on the website - 'Woodturning, the same as any hobby, pass-time or trade would become nothing when the current community of woodturners move on. So at UKIWS we’d like to do something to encourage new people to get involved.'

Which is why I thought they wanted to encourage new people to the hobby , but I think thats their goal for the future not for this show , so I'll stand corrected.

Rhossydd":3cwbmpqp said:
Turningal":3cwbmpqp said:
or do all wood turners expect a free ride
My scepticism is based on how they can deliver a good event at such a low price.
There's not much fun in attending events that are so crowded that you can't see or hear what going on or don't have the resources to work properly.

I guess we won't know about any of that 'til it happens, see you next time if it takes off.

The credibility of the event has raised a notch now.
Axminster T&M have signed up as a sponsor.

Back