School fund raiser!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Lawton

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of organising a Woodturning day in York.
This is open to anyone.

This will be held at The Joseph Rowntree School

The date for this event is Saturday 16th August 2014. 10am till 4pm.
The ticket price is £10 (including buffet lunch!)

All profit from this event will go the Design and Technology Department, to help with the costs of materials, equipment etc, to ensure continued teaching of practical skills in the subject.

The order of the day is not yet confirmed, but so far....

Philip Greenwood (RPT), and magazine contributor, will be giving a demonstration, and providing his Lathe for other demonstrators, free of charge!

Walter Hall (you might have heard of him!) , Pen turner, Author, and magazine contributor, will also be slaving over the lathe, again, for free!

Some of the departments CNC equipment will be available.

The CNC centre lathe will be available for any "metal heads", to play on, and the Laser cutter will be available for people wishing to engrave something on a piece they bring with them, for a small charge.

There will be a pen kit and finishes supplier attending, and I'm also looking for someone to provide bowl blanks for sale.

If attendees can bring something, a piece of work, an old unloved tool, or a overlooked piece of wood, we can have a raffle. All the proceeds will go to help teach tomorrows woodworkers!

The offers of help on this have been more than generous, many thanks to Philip and Walter, and also Bob Chapman, who offered his time free, but couldn't make the date.

I already have some interest from people wishing to attend, and places will be limited by the room.
If you are interested in attending, or wish to contribute in some way, could you please post here.

For clarification, this is an independent event for the school, all profit will go to the supply of materials / equipment for practical work

Thanks in anticipation,
Neil

Latest posts

Back