TV wall mount.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... decided to hang new tv on the wall (space saving etc)

New Sanus BL228 (or VLF628 depending on where you search) tv bracket like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SANUS-VLF-628 ... SwA3dYk0ax (didn't get it from ebay, got it MUCH cheaper from Richer Sounds)

So....
NOT got a conventional brick/plaster wall...
NOT got a plaster/stud wall....
we HAVE plasterboard on 'dot'n'dab' on thermalite blocks

Tried the helpline in the Sanus booklet, but they're closed at the moment and until i can get thru to them tomorrow i'm wondering what the best method of fixing would be.?

I'm thinking 'belt n braces' and attach a large piece of ply to the plasterboard using anchor type bolts suitable for thermalites AND gripfil on back of ply, then attach bracket to ply using long reach anchor bolts (to go into the thermalites) and some heavy wood screws into the ply as well. I can put as many as i like in as they wont be seen due to the size of the overlapping tv.

Any thoughts.? anyone done this already.?

As always.... cheers in advance

Nick

oh..... p.s. the bracket weighs as much as the tv..!! :shock: bracket approx 26kgs, tv approx 26kgs

The proper way to mount onto dot and dab walls is to drill a clearance hole through the plasterboard and insert a tubular spacer or a block of wood between the block substrate and the surface of the plaster board. Then use screws and plugs to secure the bracket to the wall behind via the spacer. The plasterboard plays no part at all in supporting the load whatsoever.

@ flying haggis.... no, probably only pull it out 12 inches or so then swivel 30ish degrees. Our room is 27 x 14 ish ft and the tv has to go at one end, so rather than the tv sat permanently at an angle i thought bracket/not watching/flat against wall/sorted. So it'll be a slight pull out then swivel.... or thats the plan :wink:

Those that Doug linked to aren't too bad although I've have some problems 'crunching' up the plug.

These http://buyrigifixonline.co.uk/ are what I used for a big radiator into dot and dab on thermalite. Very rigid no sign of movement.

Back