Best TV Wall bracket fixings for plasterboard wall ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatknot":36qzevgb said:
Its a thought but I don't think that will be necessary

Thats not so much belt and braces but rather belt, braces, corset & jock strap ;-)
If you want to go the whole hog, you should cut a section of plasterboard out, batten it and then refit the board. Attach TV to battens.

Can you not "screw" a large piece (similar size to say the TV) of ply (1/2 inch upwards in thickness) to the wall 1st - more chance of hitting studs - and fit the bracket thingie to that?

Once painted - not terribly noticeable.

Rich C":fwm2k05v said:
.......I think it doesn't go far enough. Get a steel put in to support the TV.

Big lumps of steel don't just flap about in the air, they need proper fixing to a foundation. And fireproofing, of course. Might be a bit quicker and easier to build a TV cabinet.

Rich C":u0vf6xc8 said:
Gripit are on the cusp of insolvency, so I'd be a bit cautious about using them.

Plus they require a MASSIVE hole in the plasterboard and also very visible after fixing. They are really carp and I'm not surprised that they are on the cusp of insolvency. Even St Deborah can get things wrong sometimes.

I've got some blue ones FTAGH.

We bought this one from Amazon for a 43" to hang on the wall in the bedroom....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

We too live in a fairly modern house with dry-lined walls upstairs. As others have said... find the studs and screw into these (they'll be at 16" centres...). Even if the studs aren't where you'd ideally like them i.e. dead center of the tv, as you can see you can use any of the oblong fixing holes (top & bottom) to fix the bracket, then the two 'arms' that attach to the tv can be positioned/slid left and right to get the exact position of the tv you'd prefer.

Thanks but alas no studs in this new build, interior walls are metal stud work, exterior walls are dot & dab

The bracket you link to I have just fitted this morning and yes, very solid and worked well

I used eight umbrella/wigwam fittings in the end and gave it the hang on the bracket test (ie me ;-) and it seems solid

Back