Turning Tools without handles?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're still available - why any woodturner would want to pay for a turned lump of wood that they could quite easily make themselves and pay a premium for it - is beyond me.

I've just done it though, through lack of any other options - and will now end up with some more chisels that standing by the lathe look like all the rest I've got. :(

Chris.

Robert Sorby ones are available with out handles. They also sell the brass ferrules if you are turning your own handles.

Jason

Hi Jason,
Hamlet tools are available without handles as well. Maybe the dealers don't stock them, but they should be able to order them. In any case you can get them from Hamlet directly.

I think most of the major manufactures supply them w/o handles if required.

Keep an eye out for the Benmail ad in woodtruning - they normaly offer both options and their prices are reasonable as well.

Simon

If you visit any of the shows look for the 'reject' handles from the major manufacturers e.g. Ashley Iles

Ashley Iles will also have unhandles tools + hss rod and bar for you to make your own design tools!

Latest posts

Back