Ts55 rebq intermittent starting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
Every so often my My Festool Ts55 will start and then cut out before i have a chance to plunge. Is this a common issue? The saw regulating its heat? I hadn't done many cuts before this happens

Loose connection somewhere - have you got a different plugit cord you could try?

No i dont unfortunately. Seems to work ok after i leave it 10mins. Its not like the motor was getting hot though

They do cut out when they get hot, mine has done it a few times but only when I've been pushing too hard and using a blade with too many teeth for the job in hand.

Every so often my My Festool Ts55 will start and then cut out before i have a chance to plunge. Is this a common issue? The saw regulating its heat? I hadn't done many cuts before this happens

The most common cause for this problem is the plug it cord is not fully locked. Some Festool owners underestimate the amount of force required to lock the connector in place and don't twist it a quarter turn until it snaps into place.

Did you find a solution to this? Mines just started doing the same, and also sometimes sounds like low on power during the cut.
Thanks

Back