TS200 Blade alignment.. How to loosen front of blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Warren

Reaction score
I finally got around to fettling my TS200 after years of thinking it was impossible to align meaning the mitre and arbour feature were pretty pointless. It just sat there for most of the time whilst I used jigs to adapt my big 14" Wadkin rip saw.
To get started here's the pdf of how to loose the housing... http://www.axminster.co.uk/media/downlo ... anual2.pdf
With the allen bolts you can feel them from the underside outside of the body of the saw so you'll know when you've undone them enough without taking them right out.
Every thread I've read gets to the point of undoing the four allen bolts which loose the housing but only the back moves freely. This is because it's being held on whatever you call the threaded bar that operates the tilt arbour. So when upright it's rigid. I loosened the connecting nut (I don't know if you really need to) and turned the tilt wheel a bit - probably to halfway - and hey presto free movement at the front.
I pulled it to the centre and tightened up the two front allen bolts. Re attached the nut inside and took the blade back to vertical and then aligned from the back of the blade. You'd think this would be included in the guide. especially as they get so many complaints aboiut it. If I'd known this before it would have saved me a lot of sweat and swearing.
A good tip is to take the side off (right hand) for access rather than try do it from underneath. Remove the tilt wheel and there are four nuts and bolts to remove. I've left the bottom ones off as they're fiddly and it'll make access quicker next time - and I'm sure there'll be a next time!
I've had some good advice on this forum and this is the first time I have something to give back as it were so I hope this proves useful to whoever reads it.

Latest posts

Back