TS-200 with a router table + incra

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neilster

Reaction score
Hi,

Bit of a newbie to all this. Had a bit of spare cash saved up so (possibly) stupidly went and bought a few bits without any advise..

Axminster TS-200 table saw
Dewalt 625 router
Incra LS25 super system

I don't have a massive amount of room in the "shed" 12x8, so really want to combine the above into one unit if possible. Want to put it on wheels so I can wheel it outside on the decking of my shed for bigger stuff.

My plan was to build a cabinet out of ply.. 4 foot wide by 2 foor deep, sort of "U" shaped, have a top on the left side 9 inches wide,, table saw sits in the "U" and then another top 24 inches wide (double 18mm mdf laminated) replacing the bent up bit of metal I have got delivered as the extension table.

I don't know if I should bin the sliding table and just MDF the left bit and bolt incra to it, or... Use the sliding carriage of the saw to mount the incra on if I could work out a way of stopping it sliding when i'm using that fence..

That may not make sense :) But if anyone has any advise if i'm on the right lines it would be much appreciated.

---

Thanks Paul.. That looks sweet. Will help me loads.

I have just been and mocked it up and already see an issue with my plan.. If I have the router table to the right the Incra will be upside down :( So plan is to roughly copy your table but have the router top to the left and a shorter table (about a foot) to the right.. That will mean binning the side extension bars.. do you ever use those? I will also bin the sliding table as well (not going to have a lot of saw left :D ).. I will try and get a pic up tomorrow of my initial progress.

Neilster":2n677ths said:
Thanks Paul.. That looks sweet. Will help me loads.

I have just been and mocked it up and already see an issue with my plan.. If I have the router table to the right the Incra will be upside down :( So plan is to roughly copy your table but have the router top to the left and a shorter table (about a foot) to the right.. That will mean binning the side extension bars.. do you ever use those? I will also bin the sliding table as well (not going to have a lot of saw left :D ).. I will try and get a pic up tomorrow of my initial progress.

I binned the side extensions but just because if they stuck out it made the whole thing just too big, I am yet to make a sled to do the same job (at least one that works well).

Do you mean you removed the "side extension table bars" or the "sliding table" ? In you table thread I can see you have kept the "side extension" bars on.. and chucked the sliding table, just wondered in your experience have you ever clamped a fence to those bars. Or do you reverse the router fence for sawing? My plan is to trash the sliding table and the side extension table bars but not sure thats such a good idea :-k

Neilster":1qyz50f0 said:
Do you mean you removed the "side extension table bars" or the "sliding table" ? In you table thread I can see you have kept the "side extension" bars on.. and chucked the sliding table, just wondered in your experience have you ever clamped a fence to those bars. Or do you reverse the router fence for sawing? My plan is to trash the sliding table and the side extension table bars but not sure thats such a good idea :-k

Removed the sliding table

Kept the fence bars and use them for using the saw (with the original fence).

The router fence is removable so that the top is completely flats and doesn't get in the way of sawing

Thanks Paul, I built the bulk of it today and can now see that I'm going to need those extension bars after all.. They will be to the left tho..

Ok, how today went.. B&Q had no 18mm ply apart from spruce :( so it was either down tools and wait till they had some in (and find a time for my mate and his truck to be available) or just go with it.. Bought that and some MDF and decided this will be MK1 until I get some better ply and then turn this one into a bog standard workbench. So with my trusty 12 toothed B&D circular I went about it.

Its a bit of a rushed and knocked together affair (plus it started to rain and had to "finish" up in a already untidy shed) oh and its the 1st time I have ever really built anything like this :)

ws1-s.jpg

I was hoping to use the Incra as a fence for the table saw :? But can now see as it stands that ain't possible.. So plan is now either make the Incra quickly removable and use the table saw fence.. or, make it so the Incra can slide further to the right :?

The top to the right is very temp.. The router top is also temp and will laminate some left over mdf to replace that. Also the router plate i have bought from rutlands.. Its flat to the top either end but sags in the middle.. Not sure what to do about that?

Anyway thats it till monday, as it off to wiltshire tomorrow.

Looking good so far, Neil.

I can understand why you'd want to use your Incra fence on the table saw as well but, as it's a full-length fence, this isn't a good idea when you're ripping solid timber. Unless you made a shorter fence that fits over the Incra and can easily be adjusted or removed...

When you've got time, check out Steve Maskery's video on YouTube - it'll explain everything you need to know. :wink:

Cheers again Paul, Watched that vid (I have so much to learn :shock: ) Ok, have even more to consider now.. After a little more thinking I'm going to have to make the incra easily removable (put it on t-track maybe?) for when I'm cutting larger stuff but still want to try and use it if I want to saw thin strips (It has a 2 part fence so can just remove one half)..

ws2-s.jpg

As you can see the Incra needs going more to the right.. Cant go to far tho as it will be out of reach of the router..

Again thanks for your help..

I've got the same set up as you, with the incra fence and the ts200 saw, but I've put the router plate and the table saw the other way round to you. I've no problem using the incra fence as the fence for the saw

Thanks ByronBlack and Tsb.. Back from Wiltshire now and visiting Cheddar Gorge and climbing up stupidly steep rock faces :)

ByronBlack, I'm liking that setup. If I can work out a way of mounting the Incra to the Slide part and keep it movement free that would do me. Any ideas anyone?

Tsb, Have had a measure up and can't quite work it out.. If I go for TS -> RT -> incra then I cant see how I would get the space between the posistioner and the router cutter?.. If you could post a pic of yours then I might understand :)

Hi Neilster,

Currently trying to iron out a few niggles with my TS200 from Axminster at the moment. ultimately, my goal is to have a similar set up to you.

I assume that is the 25" Inca system you have there, do you think it takes up too much room as I can't decide which one to go for at the moment? I know it all depends on what you are going to use it for but just wondered how it fitted in with the scale of the unit as a whole.

Looking at the available mounting positions on the cast table I think it would be easier, neater but definitely dearer to mount it on the incra rails, assuming you can find an appropriate place to mount them and the mounting holes in the table are placed in the vertical not horizontal.

Lastly, have you upgraded the mitre gauge? Mine is pretty pants, and was going to go for the cheapest incra gauge but they don't look like they will fit as they are all 3/8" deep and the table slot is only about 6mm.

Enough of my problems! how you getting on with your build?

Steve.

Latest posts

Back