TS-200 axminster saw owners ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggflan

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking to buy one of these saws until they whopped the price up by such a jump :roll:
I have been offered one second hand from someone so im back to thinking i want one :D

My question is this , what size sheet materials would you safely be able to cut , im not wanting to cut up 8x4s but just how large a board can it handle , :?: ie ; how stable is it :wink:

Thanks

Well mate, I can get 24" in front of the blade, how? well I made a sled but with 2 runners, one in the table and one in the sliding carriage, as the carriage comes back further than the table...... you may even be able to get more in front of the blade by bringing the carriage table back even further, I have fixed a block underneath the sled which sits against the back edge of the sliding carriage so as I push through everything goes forward in one and support is more than adequate, hth.

Rich.

I found the saw stable enough to rip full sheets in two if I use infeed and outfeed supports (although I wouldnt recommend it). You could comfortable handle half sheets though without an infeed support.

As Rich says, with some modifications you can get 24" in front of the blade, you get over 24" of rip to the right of the blade and the support to each side is reasonable. The only downside is the table is not very deep front to back and you would want some outfeed support.

if you don't buy it... i know someone who might be interested.... :wink: 8)

I've got the original K419 version and I can get about 600mm in front of the blade, transverse wise probably a bit more, say 800 or 900mm on the extension fence which is reasonable for the sort of stuff that I do - Rob

I've easily ripped an 8x4 sheet in half with an out-feed table, no problems at all. It's a very capable sheet cutting saw when used with an outfeed table, the right-hand size extension gives plenty of support for wide cuts too, great machine for the money even with the price increase.

ByronBlack":1lo022ou said:
I've easily ripped an 8x4 sheet in half with an out-feed table, no problems at all. It's a very capable sheet cutting saw when used with an outfeed table, the right-hand size extension gives plenty of support for wide cuts too, great machine for the money even with the price increase.

Great thanks for that Byron , thats the best thing about this site , everyone is happy to share their thoughts and advice on tools , my mind is made up thanks to all for the help :D

Back