Triton router spares supply problem?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyPez

Reaction score
I was about to buy a Triton router today but a guy in a shop said getting spare parts was" not just difficult - a nightmare".

Anyone any views?

I haven't bought yet.

Cheers

The only spare I've needed was a replacement 1/4" collet liner. That was no problem to obtain - next day - but it may well not be representative.

Did the guy saying that sell Triton? What was he recommending instead?

Jake":1c0lgah9 said:
Did the guy saying that sell Triton? What was he recommending instead?

Yes he had a TR001 on show but recommended the big Hitachi. Trouble is I don't want my workshop populated with things that look as if they've come out of a 1980s sci fi film! It might be a good router but I'd throw up every time I picked it up.

mrbingley":2aw3524l said:
you could try this link.

http://www.triton-uk.com/

Chris.

Thanks for the link - very good price for the TR001 but no router spares featured on the website. The spares section is full of accessories only.

Their price for the TR001 is unbeatable but I'm dithering over TR or MoF001 - worried that the big one will be too heavy for handheld work.

Argee":222mey4b said:
PM sent.

Ray.

Thanks Ray - your comment that the MOF001 is quite adequate for kitchen worktops persuades me that I should go for it. As for spares, let's hope I don't need any.

I have the MOF001 router by Triton which I think is absolutely brilliant!! I did need a new switch and switch cover, which I managed to find on toolsparesonline. Worth having a look I think, they seem to have quite a bit (for specific brands only).

There's a guy on ebay who sells Triton router spares.

I didn't like my MOF001, sent it back in the end. Not sure if I had a duff one, but found it too noisy (even for a router), the soft start wasn't in any way 'soft' as it actually jerks your hand on start up, and I found the overall build quality somewhat lacking. For example, the ring that you pull in for height adjustment was constantly sticking, just found it too clunky and cheap-feeling. Other parts also felt too cheap, like the speed dial.

Don't get me wrong, it performed well (i.e. in a table, it did everything asked of it), and the features are great, but perhaps they should actually charge more for it and improve build quality. I'd probably pay £250 for it if they could sort out the issues.

Latest posts

Back