tricoya mdf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishandchips

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What's this tricoya mdf please? I noticed it mentioned on a recent thread and never heard of it before?

My shed could do with the outside replacing, will this stuff be good enough? Would be nice to use 8x4 boards instead of tongue and groove.

50 year guarantee above ground? Mdf? Errrr sounds madness.

Can you route into it to create texture? Will it retain its weatherproof caracteristics?

Are there any other 8x4 boards weatherproof enough for a shed?

Cheers

Garry

There is another solution. It's not pretty, but if you are going to render or even just paint it (like I am) then you could look at CemPanel. It's about £16 for a 10mm sheet of 2400 x 1200, and is completely weatherproof. It also satisfies Class 0 for fire.

HTH
Steve

Steve Maskery":204as974 said:
There is another solution. It's not pretty, but if you are going to render or even just paint it (like I am) then you could look at CemPanel. It's about £16 for a 10mm sheet of 2400 x 1200, and is completely weatherproof. It also satisfies Class 0 for fire.

HTH
Steve
Used something similar on the full height wall on my conny, then painted with masonary paint. It had to be class 0 because of proximity to boundary. Looks decent and was cheap to do.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, looks like a good solution although not exactly a pretty one.

Looks like backer board that tilers use.

You would think though there would be more 8x4 sheet products available for external cladding. Seems daft not to?

Ugly as sin but OSB it remarkable weather resistant but swells a bit. More seriously maybe Phenolic Plywood?

When I originally built my workshop I was ideally looking to clad it with some wood plastic composite type product but could not find it anywhere.

I think WPC in 8x4 sheets with a textured finish like 100mm t&g would be a popular product.

You see the WPC in decking boards and larger builds but not diy to small trade?

Have just finished a job using Tricoya. It was specified by the designer for some planters and have to say was really impressed with it. Was a bit sceptical, not knowing much about it at all (even went as far as leaving a piece in the kids pool for a couple of weeks just to check its credentials!), but it was actually nice to work with. As for your shed it is probably a bit of an overkill given the price. From memory an 18mm 8' x 4' sheet was in the region of £120.

What's wrong with wrinkled tin? Either classic galvanized corrugated or plastic coated box profile?

I was looking at stuff from this company for my timber framed lean-to consevatory. Cedral weatherboard is on offer if you want something 'pretty'. I ended up using a woodgrain effect coloured uPVC cladding board for my project but something more robust would be a better bet for a workshop.

http://www.vivalda.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back