Trend T11 Router Springs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexteria

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove one of the springs on the Trend T11 for easier inverted operation?

TIA

Mark

Mark

I asked this question of Trend some time ago. You are not supposed to be able to remove them since the nuts are glued in otherwise the raiser element won't work properly. Although I haven't done it, you could do it and then reglue the nut. I wouldn't remove one though in case it made the raising and lowering rack a bit.

Seems a bit of a design cock up if you ask me.

Cheers

Tim

I've got one of these beasts in my router table and as far as I'm aware you don't need to remove springs, tho' I may incorrect - Rob

Er looks like you may have the wrong router. :wink:

On the Triton you just remove the cap and take the spring out, like it says in the instructions. 8)

No need to remove any springs, works perfectly well and easily with them in place in my experience.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Why do you need to remove the springs, Mark?
For speed I use a crappy cordless screwdriver with a socket in it to raise and lower mine, power style. Very quick! Make sure you use one with minimal torque, though. Don't want the router shooting off the end of the posts........... :lol:
Hope this helps
LazyPhilly :D

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I was looking to remove the spring was that when I wind the router up using the fine adjuster from through the table (or below) it judders as it is tilting and not winding up parallel to the base. This results in not so fine adjustments i.e. two turns no movement and then a little turn more and you get the whole 3mm. The Trend rep at a local tool show that I went to recently recommended taking out the spring on the side opposite the fine adjuster. Maybee its just faulty and I need to return it. The guide shafts seem to be getting coated in brass from the guide bushes, probably related.

Thanks

Mark

Have you tried some P.T.F.E spray on guide shafts, it might give it the extra lubricantion it needs :-k . Just a thought :)

I'd call Trend technical - very helpful to me in the past. The rep has told you something that contradicts what trend tech told me. Also it does sound as if it might be faulty - mine certainly doesn't do that.

Cheers

Tim

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I just know i am going to regret asking this, but why does anyone need to remove the springs? Is it because it makes it easier to raise and lower the router while in the table?:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers

El Thicko

Mike.C":x783j6o8 said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I just know i am going to regret asking this, but why does anyone need to remove the springs? Is it because it makes it easier to raise and lower the router?:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
El Thicko (ET? Maybe not - not sure an Extra Terrestrial as well as an Alien Life Form is a Good Thing...), yes, I believe so. It would appear to be an issue for upside down router table users though, so I'm open to correction, the 'Rat being the right way up and all... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back