Trend sub-base + guide bush dust extraction problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memphis32

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've done some searching on this but can't find an answer...

I have the Triton MOF001, with a Trend GB/5/Q sub base, and currently fitted with a 17mm guide bush. I'm cutting fingerjoints in a home-made jig, where fitting the extraction hose onto the router rather than jig would be more convenient.

With that setup, I have zero dust extraction, for obvious reasons - the cutter is effectively sealed off from the extractor by the sub-base and guide bush.

Does anyone have a good solution to this? I've considered drilling the guide bush to make it more like the Triton ones...

I have the same router and base, and used it for the first time yesterday with a new 26mm bush and a 10mm cutter. I did notice a little more dust than usual but nothing too bad - although I expect it would be worse with less space between the bush and the cutter.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but have a bump on me anyway.

With a finger joint jig extracting through the router base doesn't work well. I use a festo clear dust spout (484453) attached to my jig where the waste is ejected radially from the cutter. Have a look at the leigh jig dust collection for some ideas
The solid guide bushes are a real problem for extraction - you can grind them in to an 'Apple core' shape to improve things. The modern skeleton guide bushes are much better
Matt

The Leigh system is indeed cunning - I'm sure I won't find a way to do that myself! I'll see if I can come up with some sort of shroud to cover the whole joint area under the jig.

Back