Travel for exercise?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--Tom--":3sq9gppy said:
Don’t forget that the guidance you mention is for England, don’t think Wales has issued anything similar and is free to impose different rules. So far they’ve largely been stricter than England though.
Yes - and I've just seen in this morning's news that the plan is to make restrictions on travel for exercise stricter from tomorrow. So that cunning plan would have been out the window in any case!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wale ... PQ865a1wSA
(radio clip at the top)
All good, whatever it takes to stop this thing.

Chris152":ucxqc0we said:
Yep - I was just making up the surf/ cycle accident rates, I've really no idea. I think the point's that they're perceived differently whereas the reality (both sports good for body and mind) isn't so remote.
Not everyone is playing ball!

We have a small airfield locally and there's at least one aircraft flying around every day, I've been up in one and the only exercise you get is turning your head for the view. :roll:

Lons":145gpv3n said:
Chris152":145gpv3n said:
Yep - I was just making up the surf/ cycle accident rates, I've really no idea. I think the point's that they're perceived differently whereas the reality (both sports good for body and mind) isn't so remote.
Not everyone is playing ball!

We have a small airfield locally and there's at least one aircraft flying around every day, I've been up in one and the only exercise you get is turning your head for the view. :roll:

Bear in mind this could be work flying, if there's a maintenance and repair facility there or if the aircraft is e.g. surveying.

My gliding club is closed because that's just fun flying, and the aviation forums I frequent show no-one I can recall who is flying for fun.

Recent pic of [secret spot] during lockdown
94404262_836537290164573_93319340010504192_o.jpg

:roll:
I guess they all live walking distance. Right or wrong, it certainly doesn't do public perception of the sport a lot of good.

Attachments

• 94404262_836537290164573_93319340010504192_o.jpg
    94404262_836537290164573_93319340010504192_o.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 129
profchris":2kv4b21d said:
Bear in mind this could be work flying, if there's a maintenance and repair facility there or if the aircraft is e.g. surveying.

My gliding club is closed because that's just fun flying, and the aviation forums I frequent show no-one I can recall who is flying for fun.
Valid points Chris but in this case I have my doubts as I recognise the two aircraft involved, in fact one of them is the very plane I had a flight with in February. The airfield is officially closed and no paid flights available.
They're regular flyers over here and following the same routes and while I realise there is probably a need to keep the aircraft moving it would be no different to me taking the car out for a long run to charge the battery.
All supposition on my part I accept as they might well have been contracted to do some essential work I guess. Whatever it is they won't catch or pass on the virus 1500 ft in the air on their lonesome. :)

lurker":yio8n1nd said:
I want to go fishing. Unless you fish you will not understand the desperate need.
The place I fish is 15 minutes drive.
I would not get more than 40 metres closer to another soul the whole time.

But we can’t go and that’s all there is to it.
As we saw before the lock down, there are too many idiots who given an inch will take a mile.

I've got 300m of riparian rights. You're very welcome to tiptoe in.

Back