Transport offered

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'll be heading up to Nottingham on Wed 22nd all being well if anyone wants modest parcel/object delivered or collected then give me a shout.

I only have a modest sized car on this trip so can't do anything too big or heavy.
Route so far:-
Southampton
Nottingham
Chipping Campden (Glos)
Bristol
Southampton

I'm open to reasonable deviations from the above if it helps anyone out.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Aidan,

Not at all bored. On another forum I belong to it is quite common for members to offer such trips as ways of getting stuff around the country often with staging posts. I've had quite heavy loads brought down to Winchester completely free of charge and on another occasion I sold a heavy piece of machinery to a guy in Belfast and this was shipped via Edinburgh again for no fee.

I need to go Nottingham and Chipping Campden to collect purchases and it is an opportunity to see a pal in Bristol. It will be little trouble to divert and help someone out en route.

Bob

9fingers":2sslq3to said:
Hi All,
I'll be heading up to Nottingham on Wed 22nd all being well if anyone wants modest parcel/object delivered or collected then give me a shout.

I only have a modest sized car on this trip so can't do anything too big or heavy.
Route so far:-
Southampton
Nottingham
Chipping Campden (Glos)
Bristol
Southampton

I'm open to reasonable deviations from the above if it helps anyone out.

Cheers

Bob

A wonderful offer and one to be applauded, nice one Bob. :D

Rich.

Bob,

I think this is a marvellous idea and you are to be commended for your generosity.

Brendan

Forum relays seem to be such an obvious community advantage to me and as Night Train said happens in other forums.

An extra stop has now been arranged that is only 7 miles away from an existing one. So for virtually no extra fuel, another need will be satisfied.

Lets hope we see some more offers and needs for relaying in here soon.

Bob

wizer":1baeitgl said:
You can't come via Dartford can you? :lol:

That is a bit off my route mate!

Tom if you sort out a staging post somewhere along the A34/43 then maybe it will work.

Bob

Say Bob, you couldn't come and drive past mine and pick up the missus for a little trip round.

Bring her back in a week or two if you like, I have enough undergarments to last for two weeks max. :)

Escudo":2bxbj262 said:
Say Bob, you couldn't come and drive past mine and pick up the missus for a little trip round.

Bring her back in a week or two if you like, I have enough undergarments to last for two weeks max. :)

Two pairs eh? thats posh for you! :lol:

Nice offer Bob.

Was done your neck of the woods today,picked up a little gem of e-bay in a village called Ragged Appleshaw.

Don't know how far that is from where you live,but I do know its a long way from Norwich!

Mark.

Chippyjoe":2tolp08w said:
Nice offer Bob.

Was done your neck of the woods today,picked up a little gem of e-bay in a village called Ragged Appleshaw.

Don't know how far that is from where you live,but I do know its a long way from Norwich!

Mark.

Hi Mark, That is about 45mins north or Romsey but relative to Norwich that makes it just next door.
My round trip is looking like 400 miles so about the same as you've done today.
No doubt we will see pictures of your new acquistion.

Bob

Back