Transfers at airports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jcassidy - Lucky you to have married a Sicilian! Is she a great cook? It will be my first visit to Sicilly and I cannot wait!
Is this the good route to drive?

She's a great cook, but she feel about pasta like I feel about potatoes - I ate spuds every day growing up, why would I want to eat spuds now I can cook for myself???

Yes that's the route to drive - although it's closer to 3 hours than 2. That route over the mountains is more like 4 hours. My in-laws have a farm near Cesaró (turn left at Bronte).

Interesting tidbit - Lord Nelson was granted a mansion in Maniace where his family lived until the '60s, when it was turned over to the state. It's an excellent day trip. If you do go, you must - must! - try the pistachio ice cream that's a specialty in those parts. Also the pasta con sugo di cingiale, pasta sauce made from the meat of wild boars... to die for!

2.5 hours is probably the ideal time to leave between flights. Time to grab a stupidly expensive coffee and have a bathroom break but not so much that the kids are going to get themselves in trouble :)

That's great to hear. Enjoy your trip. I fly tomorrow, emigrating to Canada. First post covid flight so will be interesting to see how it goes.
Emigrating! Best wishes for that. You won't be short of lumber there. Canada is on my bucket list. Have you seen any of the Netflix series 'Big Timber'. Great watching.

She's a great cook, but she feel about pasta like I feel about potatoes - I ate spuds every day growing up, why would I want to eat spuds now I can cook for myself???

Yes that's the route to drive - although it's closer to 3 hours than 2. That route over the mountains is more like 4 hours. My in-laws have a farm near Cesaró (turn left at Bronte).

Interesting tidbit - Lord Nelson was granted a mansion in Maniace where his family lived until the '60s, when it was turned over to the state. It's an excellent day trip. If you do go, you must - must! - try the pistachio ice cream that's a specialty in those parts. Also the pasta con sugo di cingiale, pasta sauce made from the meat of wild boars... to die for!

2.5 hours is probably the ideal time to leave between flights. Time to grab a stupidly expensive coffee and have a bathroom break but not so much that the kids are going to get themselves in trouble :)
I LOVE PISTACHIO ICE CREAM!! Will add the Maniace mansion to my list of day trips to research, Thank you.

Can't wait for all the Mediterranean food, I love it all. You just can't get the ingredients here.

Back