Toy Train

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brubaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally getting some time in the shop & it will be a rush to get a goodly number of toys ready for donation to inner city kids at Christmas. In any case here is a recently completed train. It is a play/semi-educational toy....ie: the flat car with the discs teach fractions....whole, halves, thirds, & quarters, plus a mix as the youngster gets the hang of it. The play enters into it by pulling it around. Stretched out it is close to 6 feet long.
Thanks for looking.

Lee

IMG_0301.jpg

Excellent, and how nice to see a traditional toy in this age of plastic gizmos.Reminds me of when my dad took me to a traditional toy shop many years ago to collect a wooden wheelbarrow,happy memories. I doubt if any playstation etc will ever be as fondly remembered :)

Hi Shultzy:

The only painted parts are the wheels which is water based blackboard paint. The rest of the components are unfinished wood with the color derived from the species of wood used. The reddish looking parts for example is purple heart..... a very hard dense wood.

Lee

Latest posts

Back