Tormek supergrind 1200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattF

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Can anybody tell me where I can get a replacement motor for a Tormek supergrind 1200 the one that is in the unit is faulty I can stop with my finger :(

Atb Matt

Is it the motor that stops or the grinding wheel? My Tormek has friction drive and it starts to slip badly from time to time. When this happens the solution is to roughen up the drive wheel where the motor spindle rests on it. It's a bit awkward to do but you can hold sandpaper to it while it turns. Could this be the problem with yours?

Hi

When my Tormek grinder started to slow down I found it to be due to corrosion on the main shaft. I assume moisture had wicked through the wheel to the shaft and allowed corrosion to develope, the corrosion caused the shaft to become stiff in it's nylon bearing. I disassembled the shaft from the wheels cleaned off the corrosion and protected with silicon grease - since then it has been fine.

I guess this is a recognised problem as Tormek now offer a replacement stainless steel shaft however at £53 I think I'll make my own.

Regards Mick

Thanks for the replies its the motor that stops I have taken it out and tried it I'm going to strip the motor down today and see if I can see anything wrong

Matt

Found the problem the capacitor was breaking down now broken down with a puff of smoke

Back