Top form service from ...... Lee Valley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from my "Transtools - how not to look after customers" thread it's only fair to commend someone when they get it right.

I recently bought a Veritas bevel-up jointer when working in the USA. I only got a chance to play with it when I got home and noticed a minor problem with it. I dropped Rob Lee an email and asked about the best way to approach a fix. Whilst it was a very easy fix, Rob suggested sending me a new plane from Canada - "so that I'd always remember an excellent customer experience".

I was able to keep the old one until the new one arrived - none of this "pay for the new one and we will refund you when you return the faulty one" malarky you get with some suppliers.

My postage to send it to Brimarc was also refunded. Incidentally Brimarc were also very polite and helpful, especially considering I had not bought the plane through them. I just managed to catch them before they also sent me a replacement plane. One man can have too many Bevel-Up Jointers!

So in essence - a big thumbs up to Lee Valley and Brimarc.

It's not a perfect world and every now and then in life things do go wrong - it's how you put it right that counts. :)

Cheers

Ed

Ed":34acao8r said:
So in essence - a big thumbs up to Lee Valley and Brimarc.

It's not a perfect world and every now and then in life things do go wrong - it's how you put it right that counts. :)

Ed,
You'll find several similar stories in the archives on here. I had a problem with a Veritas spokeshave from Brimarc and was offered a replacement or a refund, as I wished, and that without me asking. Others have had similar heart-warming experience. When companies like LV and Brimarc have such an excellent attitude to Customer Service it builds confidence in dealing with them, others get to know of it and it all builds a reputation. Even though you didn't buy from Brimarc, they were happy to "do the decent thing" on behalf of LV. It would have cost them time and money, but just look at the positive exposure that has bought.

It also throws into stark relief the service offered by some others. I bet when Newbie_Neil gets rounds to putting Brimarc on the Vote Now list, they get the highest score of any, and in my experience Axminster aren't bad.

Glad you got everything sorted, though I'm not surprised, and let's tell the world so that good service is promoted everywhere.

Cheers
Steve

BTW I have no connection with either LV or Brimarc, other than this forum and being a very satisfied customer.

i also have found that brimarc are superb in customer relations, but are very helpful as well, my vote 12/10 well done brimarc and lee valley.

Thanks everyone.

Treat everyone as you wish to be treated yourself.

Martin and everyone at BriMarc.

PS: Poll? We aren't a retailer, except our little shed...

Ed

Good post, its really good to recognise the companies that give excellent customer service, both Brimarc and Lee Valley have always put their customers first.

Martin, just to add another thank you, your guys were brillient at Woodex, please say thank you for me.

Latest posts

Back