Toolbox Ideas?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try something like this :wink:
Studley_800x600.jpg

More pictures here:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id=27038

Chris,

Lovely tool rack, i've looked at the numerous times, really stunning bit of work! I have a quick question though, with your workbench being quite close do you not find it awkward working at the bench as it seems that you can't stand infront of the shoulder vice?

The reason I ask is i'm still trying to find the best layout for using my bench, and at the moment i'm finding I need more space at each end of the bench to stand at and do the work - i'm assuming from your picture that you do most of you planing standing side on to the workbench?

PaulO":pg0vjymx said:
You could try something like this :wink:
Studley_800x600.jpg

Yeah that is a monster... That's the one that takes 3 guys to lift it onto the wall isn't it?

Get rid of the drill brace and make way for a 14volt DeWalt though! :lol: [/quote]

Guys, many thanks!

Byron,
You are quite right but the cabinet is on industrial castors (they cost a bomb) and I can roll it out of the way when I need to - usually when handling a long board on the bench.

Having said that, I do 99% of my work standing in front of the bench and were I to build another - and I just might - I would not use the same layout. Even with the tool cabinet removed, there isn't really enough space to work at the end of the bench if it involves bending over.

Back