Quantcast

Tool(?) identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
When I got my ML8, it came with quite a few strange bits & bobs.
One item was this

which is a cutting tool holder for metalwork.
In the same box I found loads of these

I have no idea what they are, but get the impression they are also some kind of cutting tool.

Any ideas?

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
they are replaceable tips for cutting tools, and the first item is the tool, at the end you can see a bolt that clamps them down.

adidat

chipmunk

Established Member
Reaction score
+1

They are intended for metalworking and for fitting into a toolpost of the metalworking lathe.
- Not much use for woodturning IMHO

Jon

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
Have a look at this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iscar-Cut..._Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item231e0c73da

Looks like you've aquired quite a nice bonus, it should sell no problem. If I didn't already have some tipped tooling I might have asked 'how much do you want?'.

A few other people on this forum also have metal working lathes, measure the tool shank [e.g. 16mm square] and see if anyone is interested. Due to this particular design you ought to have a look at the upper portion of the insert clamp [near the allen screw] and see if it's cracked.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
That one looks like a posh version of mine. :lol:
There's an Allen key in the box with all the tips, which I assume belongs to the tool holder.
I think the old boy who had the lathe before me did some metal turning, as the ml8 is capable of turning light metals with the correct bits & bobs.
There's some vee blocks (sans clamps) and what looks like milling or boring tools too. Time for an ebay-fest methinks.

Latest posts