Tool(?) identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
When I got my ML8, it came with quite a few strange bits & bobs.
One item was this
PIC_0022.jpg

which is a cutting tool holder for metalwork.
In the same box I found loads of these
PIC_0024.jpg

I have no idea what they are, but get the impression they are also some kind of cutting tool.

Any ideas?

they are replaceable tips for cutting tools, and the first item is the tool, at the end you can see a bolt that clamps them down.

adidat

+1

They are intended for metalworking and for fitting into a toolpost of the metalworking lathe.
- Not much use for woodturning IMHO

Jon

Have a look at this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iscar-Cut..._Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item231e0c73da

Looks like you've aquired quite a nice bonus, it should sell no problem. If I didn't already have some tipped tooling I might have asked 'how much do you want?'.

A few other people on this forum also have metal working lathes, measure the tool shank [e.g. 16mm square] and see if anyone is interested. Due to this particular design you ought to have a look at the upper portion of the insert clamp [near the allen screw] and see if it's cracked.

That one looks like a posh version of mine. :lol:
There's an Allen key in the box with all the tips, which I assume belongs to the tool holder.
I think the old boy who had the lathe before me did some metal turning, as the ml8 is capable of turning light metals with the correct bits & bobs.
There's some vee blocks (sans clamps) and what looks like milling or boring tools too. Time for an ebay-fest methinks.

Latest posts

Back