Todays Bargain Hunt TV program

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adzeman

Established Member
Reaction score
THis lunch time on today's "Bargain Hunt" program one of the teams were advised by their expert to purchase Rabone Rule. The show today was from Portabello Road Notting Hill, a place I know quite well. The rule was dated 1930, included a spirit level and protractor. The ticket price was a £100.00. The expert asked the team to barter to which he seemed pleased with the resultant £80.00, The auctioneer valued it for auction as no more than £50.00. He was correct it started at £20.00 and sold for £50.00 plus commission. The program can still be watched on iplayer. Hunt I would have valued it no more than £20.00 including commission not a penny more. Any thoughts?

All of these antique hunt programmes suffer from the same problem. They mostly buy retail and try to sell at auction (homer) where the retailers buy much of their stock and it seems rarely make much profit :lol:

Quite Tom. Buy retail + sell trade = poverty.

But on today's programme (fri) one team bought a box of old tools - I've been watching it for years and this is the first time I remember. Nothing of much note but quite a lot of them - woodies, moulding planes, squares etc. bought for £55 sold for £65 :shock: and about the only profit of the whole show.

You beat me to it Richard. I will be going over to Wisborough Green tomorrow always fancied having a look round that auction house. Ardingley is not far either but can never find out when there is a fair. The chap I bought the Gabriel off goes to these fairs I will ask him. He got that one from the Ford boot fair.

As mentioned yesterday visited Wisborough Green site of the repeat show from the Wisborough Green auction house. My there job was to dismantle a Ceder Wood green house and re-erect at my daughters allottment. The guy, ex owner of the greenhouse was a Fine Art Dealer doing deals between the US and the UK. He was very interesting and new a lot about Chippendale and American furniture. He has a degree in fine arts and has lent me a couple of books, essential reading for a student if Fine Art.

Visit+to+Wisborough+Green.JPG

They are a bit heavy for night time reading ( I mean heavy in LLB's)

Back