Timber / hardwood supplier in South West Wales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only recently (finally) had the opportunity to kit myself out with a decent workshop. So obviously I'm excited to get stuck in to some bigger projects, but am struggling to find some reasonably priced local suppliers or hardwood.

I'm based near Cross Hands in Carmarthenshire and was wondering whether anyone here can recommend any local reasonably priced suppliers of hardwood that would deliver. I'll be after around 1m cubed of rough sawn oak for the first couple of projects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly if I can find myself a regular supplier for years to come :)

Hi,

I use Scawton and find them to be excellent.

I don't think you'll find anywhere cheaper for oak. They currently have a cubic metre of 27mm delivered, including vat, at 960.00. It's on the bottom right of the above page.

HTH,
Neil

Newbie_Neil":3joqajvh said:
Hi,

I don't think you'll find anywhere cheaper for oak. They currently have a cubic metre of 27mm delivered, including vat at 960.00. It's on the bottom right of the above page.

HTH,
Neil

That is cheap!

I'm down the road from you-ish (Brechfa) and had similar issues finding suppliers.

I use these guys in Caldicot - http://www.wentwoodtimbercentre.co.uk/

Not exactly local but the best I have found in Wales and about an hour and a half from you.

Very friendly and helpful and I will certainly keep using them.

EDIT: They fell and collect lumber all over South Wales, drop them a call to see if they will deliver.

Newbie_Neil":3pu1yazj said:
Hi,

I don't think you'll find anywhere cheaper for oak. They currently have a cubic metre of 27mm delivered, including vat, at 960.00. It's on the bottom right of the above page.

HTH,
Neil

I will definitely be getting in touch with these guys, that seems a pretty good price! Hopefully delivery to me won't be too much of a problem. Only thing with buying "blind" though is not being able to physically see what you're buying. What's your experience, newbie_niel, been like buying from these? Have you bought this quantity from them before?

shed9":2epqq0re said:
I'm down the road from you-ish (Brechfa) and had similar issues finding suppliers.

I use these guys in Caldicot - http://www.wentwoodtimbercentre.co.uk/

Not exactly local but the best I have found in Wales and about an hour and a half from you.

Very friendly and helpful and I will certainly keep using them.

EDIT: They fell and collect lumber all over South Wales, drop them a call to see if they will deliver.

Thanks shed9. That may be worth a spin one Saturday, even if it's not for these coming projects... At least I could see what I'm buying.

Back