Timber auction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
In case folk don't know - there is a timber auction in Ledbury this Saturday.

Mainly tools by the look of things - however a fair amount of the timber was Trevtheturner's so its been well looked after. Actually i imagine there will be quite a few of his tools there as well :( . I've got a prior engagement so sadly can't go.

Bit of a reminder that it ain't no dress rehearsal.

Cheers

Tim

Cheers tim, sadly a bit far away for me. Which is probably a good thing as I guess you'd need to be very up on your timber prices to get a bargain.

However, i'm a bit gutted i'll miss the 450' of scaffolding. I actually really need some scaffolding!

Wizer,

If you need your scaffolding for a short term project (rather than a permanent feature) you might try this.

When you see some scaffold erectors at work locally (small jobs/extensions are better) chat them up and they will quite likely fix you up for surprisingly little cash. Normally they will be moonlighting and more than happy for extra cash at the weekend.

The other approach that works well is based on the fact that most small builders don't have room to store the scaffolding they own and they just move it from job to job. With luck you can offer to 'look after it' for them.

Good luck

Bob

cheers Bob. I need the poles for a permanent structure. I have tried a few contractors but no luck so far.

WiZeR":1kbn4kmx said:
I need the poles for a permanent structure

Might be worth checking that your neighbours are comfortable with a scaffold structure. A few years back mine got over emotional about some scaff that I had had up for several years and reported me to the council and I ended up having to take it down.

You might get some poles & clips on Ebay??

Bob

Apologies for taking this off topic

ah it's not at home mate, on the alloment.

I have been collecting the odd pole whenever I see them.

Think I'll pop along and see what's on offer. I didn't realise there was more from Trev. I assumed it had all gone. Ironic considering some of the tools and wood were bought from the auction to start with.

Dave

Latest posts

Back