• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Tilley Lamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
Anyone got a working Tilley Lamp knocking about in the garage/shed gathering dust? Brass one preferably and intact. Obviously willing to pay fair price and post. Swap your dust gatherer for some cash or maybe swap for some tools?
Cheers fellas.
Chris

Lol Phil. Just for my next life on a narrow boat.I've bought one on eBay so I'll close this thread. Hope you are well mate.

I haven't heard it for years, but I love the sound a Tilley makes as it burns. Brings back comforting memories from when I was really young.

Just to make you drool :LOL:

petromax-storm-lantern-top-reflector-25032-p.jpg

Chris, you are lucky to find a good one. I sold a very clean Coleman version with protective jacket about 10 years ago through e-bay, I think I got £65 for it and the bloke drove 40 miles to collect it that afternoon.

Colin

Thanks for all the replies fellas as always. I think I did alright in the end. It's the older A model. But it's refurbished by seller who sells a few. All new seals and washers. No one else bid and I paid 50 notes. Had to buy a preheater, mantle and little meth jar for a tenner elsewhere.
Seller is here. ianandjulie2000 Been helpful if anyone is interested.
I remember going to bootfairs years ago and seeing loads of them. Now good ones seem to be like hen's teeth.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 15
We need a narrow boat WIP....
If there's no thread it didn't happen!!

I thought of a men's shed narrow boat until I thought of H&S!!🤣🤣🤣

Back