• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Lead dressing tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
Alright chaps, I'm after various lead dressing tools. Beech or plastic is fine. If anyone has a few sat about gathering dust I'd like to bite your finger off. If you can sort post to get here by Friday I'll pay premium (sub eBay lol) within reason for them as I have a job Saturday that I'm *definitely qualified for* repairing some lead panel on a commercial building in London. No one's going to see it other than other abseilers but I'd like to do a good job nonetheless and maybe open up some doors job wise at the same time and *boss some new skills. (* See what I did there. Yes. I've been youtubing lead dressing . Im so sorry. 😉 ) Onwards and upwards! Even bought some eggs. If you know you know. 😎 Long shot but you never know on ukw Thanks for reading!
Chris

As it happens I may well have what you need but to be honest I dont want to get involved in postage etc.
I am in Bedfordshire near to J12 M1 if you would be able to collect I will take a photo of what I have and you can decide if it will help.

Ahh. PT that would be amazing but I'm too far away to collect, I'm all the way down in South Herts. I totally understand on the p&p. Thanks for replying mate.

When first started we made lead sinks for laboratories. Because of the strange shapes and angles we made our own eggs and formers. Maybe you could give it a go? For flapping we just used a piece of sheet lead cut with handle shape .
Tony

When my grandfather started his apprenticeship as a plumber in 1926 the first thing he had to do was make his own lead bashing tools. These are still around (although grandfather isn't) and I am impressed at the quality of his work at the age of 14. I don't think I could match it now. Making decent tools would not be a quick or easy project I think.

Of course grandfather's tools are not for sale but if they were they would either be worthless or command a premium because they are canted to suit him being left-handed.

Got an Elvicta lead dresser/ slapper here and bossing egg (could be drilled to have handle attached to act as bossing mallet if preferred) both in beech if you want to send me a PM? Cant see how to send you a PM....

Last edited:
When first started we made lead sinks for laboratories. Because of the strange shapes and angles we made our own eggs and formers. Maybe you could give it a go? For flapping we just used a piece of sheet lead cut with handle shape .
Tony
Yup - lead sinks! :ROFLMAO:

Back