Tidy garage = less room due to auction win...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Sadly, a bespoke Kitchen/Bedroom joinery business went into Administration a few months ago so the liquidators organised an auction. We bought a number of items from the showroom before I got carried away with the 'workshop' lots!

My garage is now home to an 8' x 4' x 6' steel rack and its contents, which were described as "Various hardwood moulding/profiles". The photo shows approx. 75% of the wood, which I believe includes Walnut, Oak, Ash, Elm, Tulipwood, Cherry etc. in a range of lengths from rough sawn to fully finished with everything in between. I don't have a clue what to make with it all... :unsure:

My first challenge will be to identify what variety of wood each piece is (if possible) then maybe try and sort it into some kind of order.
So, is there a way to work out what I have and figure out the best way to sort it maybe by species, length, thickness or something else?

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 20.55.30.png

Maybe compare it with what’s available online and start with sorting all into timber types 1st , a good stock of timber is not a bad thing to have . Projects will present themselves and you will know if you have enough of one type to complete it or have to mix 1 oe 2 different timbers to complete your project.

I think the colour of paint would be completely random but I'm open to being educated (y)

Back