Threaded bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where i can have a threaded bar made like this please it,s bent a little and off my table saw for the winding up and down of the blade and it, a old record rst s12 table saw iv,e tried contacting record but have had no response
Mock

Attachments

• DSCF7364.jpg
    DSCF7364.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF7366.jpg
    DSCF7366.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 296
You will need to find out what thread it is - probably an imperial one but what TPI?
Some sizes are available in metre lengths but again probably metric.
Somebody with a metalworking lathe and threading gear should be able to make one?

Rod

If that has some special work done to it and is not just a length of threaded rod, I believe that spares for Record Power products are available through Axminster - I suggest giving their technical department a call.

Thank,s for all the reply's but it,s got to fin,s on the top of the bar that fit,s in to the winding wheel to raise and lower the blade i have managed to contact record who tell,s me they have no spare part,s as they have discontinued the mode{{{{l Sorry we no longer stock parts for this machine. mock

How about straightening it? its only steel and you should be able to get it straight with a few well placed blows from a rubber mallet, or clamping it in between some wood in your vice.
Rolling it on a flat surface will show you where its bent.

Pete

Thank,s guys iv'e managed to straighten the bar as suggested but for how long i don't know (hammer)

Jojo":17io52l8 said:
Hi
You can buy length's from B & Q or screwfix.

John

Only if you are made of money
As wizard says tool station it's less than 2quid a meter depending on the thread
Bought some yesterday for a batch of cramps I am making (hammer)

Yes i have had a look i don't know if you can see the two fins on the bar by the washer and nut they fit into a plastic wheel that wind,s the blade up and down .I have thought about boring a hole in the plastic wheel and threaded bar as you suggest and securing with a small split pin or bolt .But i have managed to get in contact with kiwi1 who wrote about his modification he made to his table saw and promised to get back to me with what he had done These are the problems iv'e got

Hi Re. the LUTZ table saw.

Have you resolved the problem yet ?
I have one of these machines branded as Record Power RSTS12. Neither Lutz or Record want to know about them. I have not been able to find a manual for it but have had it stripped down completely. It seems to suffer from some serious design faults, which I have modified some of them and it is working fine at the moment. Unfortunately, I did not photograph any of the mechanism before I stripped it. I will detail the problems, then my modifications for it. 1/. The rise and fall mechanism was bent as follows:
2/. The winding handle worn on the inner surface of the handle
3/. The handle inner surface wears the front surface of the tilt panel
4/. The 10mm threaded rod that fits into the handle was bent
5/. A 2.5mm thickness boomerang shaped piece of panel steel raises the motor mounting also bent.
6/. Motor Mount panel bent/distorted.

Latest posts

Back