This SIP compressor or that one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, just saw that. I have a planer/thicknesses that runs through a 16 amp socket set up.

What's the deal with an 18 amp set up? Easy for an electrician to wire in to my board?

Do you think it's the better machine though?

I've had 2 of the black ones. They do what they are supposed to do.
However I have replaced both with proper industrial compressors, cost about £750 wow the difference is amazing. Really quiet no rattles, builds up pressure far quicker etc etc.
I'd never go back to an off the shelf jobbie.

A friend of mine does car spraying and replaced his compressor last year with one from a firm in Barry . I think they are called Dragon Air .He was very impressed with the compressor and the service he received . If you are interested i can give him a call and get some proper info for you.

Cheers Bern

if you are going for one of the ones you have posted I would make it the black one even though it does need a separate feed. That one has 14CFM output which is what you will need for HVLP.
P.S. I got Bob's old one, good machine.

mailee":2ni2iswn said:
P.S. I got Bob's old one, good machine.

Bum, I only sold it because I thought it was going to pack up.......................... only joking, pleased to hear it's serving you well :lol:

MrYorke":2rcwkq3t said:
What's the deal with an 18 amp set up? Easy for an electrician to wire in to my board?

Easy enough as long as you have a spare MCB slot. You'll need a 32A Blue 3 pin socket which will need to go onto a 20A trip for that particular unit, or a 32A trip and you could add a normal double socket to the circuit. You'll need to run at least 4mm T+E cable for it, preferably 6mm if the run is over 10m in length to reduce voltage drop.

Cheers guys for all the replies.

I spoke to AIG and they passed me in to a guy nearer my way who gave me a quote. Haven't quote got the cash he was asking for so will probably have to go for an "off the shelf" machine like a linked to......it'll mean a new board in the workshop though as it only has 3 mcb slots.

I bought a compressor exactly as in the link below. Had it 18 months now with no problems and it does everything I need it to do. Plus a lot cheaper than the ones in your link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Sealey-To ... 51998ce236

HTH

Grayo

Ps I know the capacity is a lot less than the ones in your link but as I said it does everything I need it to do.

Back