This popped up in my feed this morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At around 16 mins in to what can only be described as verbal diarrhea:poop::poop::poop: , she actually says that "if i had a guard fitted it would never have happened":whistle::whistle::whistle:. But then she goes on with a lot of twaddle about the brain using too many calories and ultimately that this was the cause of her stupidity, because her brain told her to do it o_O. I would like to be charitable and say i have some sympathy for her but try as i might the words DUMB ASS keep popping into my head .

It does seem that many of the accidents happen when people aren't making the actual cut but reaching past the blade to move an off cut etc, I guess people concentrate while making the cut but lose focus once it's done.

Always use that blade guard..

I saw that a a few days ago. Genuinely an accident, and credit to her for admitting it; I’m sure that many people after that sort of accident would never publicly admit to it; I sometimes wonder how many of the YouTube channels that stop publishing are for similar reasons.

There are many differences between her set up and mine, particularly that I sold my table saw at the end of last year. How the one thing that really resonates with me is that she was doing some woodwork in the evening after a day’s work. Therefore there was no way she was on ‘top form’; I’m now in the habit of deciding if I should do something in an evening or wait until the weekend when I can give the work my full attention.

The things people will do to make a video and get "views", I suppose she now has one less nail to paint before going out.

An accident is really something unavoidable, someone jumps in front of a train it is not called an accident so puting your thumb into a tablesaw blade is nothing more than utter stupidity, yes cannot agree more and no sympathy

the words DUMB ASS keep popping into my head .

Why do people not see danger, a table saw blade is lethal and luckily is only spining, it cannot come to you so unless you present yourself to it then it is harmless, so all you need is distance which comes back to push sticks and then waiting until the blade has become stationary before getting near it, could it be any simpler.

Another take is that she has a bandaged thumb, no blood and seems quiet upbeat so is it just a video hoax for "views", if it was me then I would be more subdued and probably in some shock.

I've noticed as the day wears on I can get tired.....almost 72, dont sleep so good now and often start at 7am...
so now after the first yawn I stop using machines.....or go for a sleep n restart.....
also found that stopping when tired and putting stuff away and sweeping up quite theraputic....

Another 20 min vid that didn't need to be any more than two.

It's good of her to give the warning it does no harm to remind us.

IMO the table saw is the most dangerous tool in the workshop, in the past 22 years I have had three incidents all involving the table saw and one resulting in a trip to A&E. All while doing something I knew I shouldn't
Fortunately I still have all my digits and try to be extra careful nowadays.

Latest posts

Back