This has to have been made by Hegner surely?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrimper

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scroll-saw-/2 ... 417bf8d95d

It's a kity make and looks a dead ringer for a Hegner at a starting price of £75 it's well worth watching if you are looking for a Hegner!
If it's not made by Hegner for Kity it is a perfect copy, look at the blade clamps and the 2 bolts on the table for the blade clamp locator, even the quick clamp is the same plus the knobs etc.

A Decent saw providing the price does not soar too much, if I lived nearer I would be interested!

Kity was a good quality woodworking machinery company, I think they went bust eventually, I understand Scheppach now market some of the Kity stuff but not a scrollsaw.

I reckon that it was made for the old Kity company by Hegner, it's an earlier machine but I bet it works well.

I just GIS'd for Hegner, and they look quite different - table shape, arm webbing, pivot positions.

Can you post a picture of which Hegner model you think this is similar to?

BugBear

That is just one brilliant machine, look at the thickness of the cast iron table. I shall defo keep an eye on that.

Chippygeoff":3hhc0yes said:
That is just one brilliant machine, look at the thickness of the cast iron table. I shall defo keep an eye on that.

I'd guess aluminium with a rim.

BugBear

i just made it home in time for a bid. just waiting for the seller to get back to me now to arrange for me to collect it ,

midge29":q3gdf98m said:
i just made it home in time for a bid. just waiting for the seller to get back to me now to arrange for me to collect it ,

Oh well done you! So glad it went to someone here, I only spotted it Thurs pm.

Once you get it you really must take some decent pictures and give a report on the saw.

Really looking forward to finding out about the saw, I am very envious TBH. :)

midge29":1d2r1j2h said:
great news, we will get to hear more about it!! :mrgreen:

well the seller does not seem to be responding to my messages so maybe it did not go for as much as expected, will be disapointed if it falls through now , i have had this happen before

midge29":ebo4tc6c said:
well the seller does not seem to be responding to my messages so maybe it did not go for as much as expected, will be disapointed if it falls through now , i have had this happen before
If they had a price in mind surely they should have set a reserve?
Never know could just be away for the weekend or anything like that :)

good news , the sellers were just away for the weekend so just got back from picking up ,it was originally was purchased in 1998, still has the same blade it come with in it come in original box and it does look like the man said his father used it twice and it is in realy good condition , will put up some pics when i have a play tomorrow , it is called a kity 417 on the box

I would be interested to hear how you get on with this saw. I am a big fan of all things Kity having owned a combination machine since the late 1980's and it is still going strong. I have never seen a Kity scroll saw.

well i had the chance to see how it worked tonight , i have never had a scroll saw before so i cannot compareit to anything, i never had it bolted down and i tried a few test cuts , it runs nice and quiet and i did not find it vibrated too much , i think it will be near nothing once i have it bolted down , cutting 1/2inch birch ply with ease so i tried some 1 inch walnut scraps i had laying about and cuts with ease, the machine looks hardly used considering the age and even the paintwork is immaculate compared tomy old kity saw , try to put a few pics on as requested , hope they come out ok , cant wait to do a proper project but workshop is upside down as i,m building completely new units in there for storage so should be ready to go in a week or two, think i got an absolute bargain ,

Attachments

• dsc01985.jpg
    dsc01985.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 604
  • dsc01984.jpg
    dsc01984.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 604
  • dsc01980.jpg
    dsc01980.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 604
  • dsc01981.jpg
    dsc01981.jpg