This fell into my car.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Yellow_Ardvark

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to take a trip to my local recycling center today.
I was just dumbing green waste.

When I saw a older man struggling with this.

DSCN1317.JPG

It was too heavy we thought to struggle up the steps, so we let it fall, with care into my car.

Only one small hole on the table is nice, perhaps not much use or careful use which is good either way! A clean an polish, new belt and you’ll have a beauty to use or to flip for beer tokens.

Not theirs to you put it in the skip.

Otherwise they could keep your car, trailer etc
That was my understanding too, although they would be keen to grab something like that for the scrap value the underlying position doesn't change. As for the hole in the table far too much attention is paid to the smiles in my book, that is what epoxy putty is for.

Lucky you , My local centre would be on you saying you can't have it , Once inside the gates it belongs to the site operators , and they watch you on CCTV.

Ours also.

Same here, but It's only theirs when it's out of the car, if you spot something in a car that you would like, ask them to leave it in the car and meet up outside the recycling centre and then transfer it over.
I am known at my local yard, as they will put aside some items for the tool charities

Last edited:
they would be keen to grab something like that for the scrap value the underlying position doesn't change.
People will try things on.
I called at the tyre shop one day for a overdue trailer tyre.

The cheapest one was twice what I thought it should be. So I decided I'd try somewhere else.
Fitter guy pulls himself up to his full 5' 5" and says "Sorry but I can;t let you leave with the tyre in that condition"

To which I replied " i'd like to see you stop me"

Another bandit thwarted.

That looks very similar to a Draper one I have just stripped down (sold under many different names) An old drill but most likely load better than you will get now unless spending hundreds!

Nice find :)

Strip off the motor and chuck, install a retro LED bulb, lick of paint, and you've got a lovely adjustable table lamp. £800 minimum I'd say.
Sorry - couldn't resist- reminded me of the ridiculous Money for Nothing programme.

Nice find, I'm sick with envy!
Bob.

Last edited:
Lucky you , My local centre would be on you saying you can't have it , Once inside the gates it belongs to the site operators , and they watch you on CCTV.
Ours too ! gone are the days when you could get something.

My drill press looks nearly identical same colour and design it has a brand name of KYM on the front could not find any info on it. Very heavy and a great machine like you I got this before it went to the scrap man.
Just found a picture of mine

Attachments

• DSCF0334 (600x800).jpg
    DSCF0334 (600x800).jpg
    170 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back