This auction might be of interest.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always sad to hear of a small business going under, they often provide much needed jobs in areas with no large scale industry and valuable training to the young.
Heartfelt wishes for a brighter future.
Paul

custard":3sf6c7bw said:
I'm so sorry to hear this. If it's any consolation there seems to be a shockwave running through the furniture and custom joinery businesses right now, so unfortunately you're certainly not alone.

I heard last week that Cimitree has just gone bankrupt. They were a business that I had a lot of respect for, one that seemed to have a sensible strategy and was navigating around most of the usual pitfalls.

https://vimeo.com/127909685

The message I'm hearing is that Brexit nervousness is making clients reluctant to finally commit to projects, and lots of businesses I know are really struggling as a consequence. I hope you come through this horrible experience stronger and wiser.
And from me; really awful when a business goes under and I suspect Brexit is affecting many other business in much the same way. I was nattering to the manager in our main furniture shop in town the other day and she said much the same thing; customers reluctant to commit to big ticket purchases while the uncertainty of Brexit is still ongoing.

I sincerely hope everything works out for the best in due course - Rob

Stay strong, enjoy your time with the family.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Horrible time for you at the minute, I hope once the dust settles you can move forward on to better times, you certainly sound like a positive person. I'm sure your family will appreciate more quality time together.

I'm retired now from my own business after 18 years and people outside of your immediate family never see just how much time, effort and money you're putting in to it and being responsible for the livelihood of you employees is a huge mental burden.

Best wishes for the future.
Bob

Back