The post isn't what it used to be.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc_ni

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I ordered an item off of Amazon, as I wanted it sooner rather than later, I opted for the payed p&p. I don't normally bother and just opt for the free postage on stuff over £20. Nearly a week later its still floating around in England as some numpty sent it to the wrong sorting office.

This week I ordered something from Screwfix, once again I paid the extra for delivery as I wanted a quick delivery. Just went on to the Parcel Force website to track it and......

Yep, youve guessed it, its been sent to the wrong delivery depot #-o On the plus side this one has managed to make it over to Northern Ireland :roll:

I'm still waiting for 12 planks of oak, the courier doesn't know where it is! edit - literally just arrived.
I've also had three items recently where the postie hasn't bothered putting a card through the door to say he's tried to deliver. Rang up the local depot to see if they've got it, they can only look for it if one has a card - aaaaargh!!

Dario

I'm lucky in having a great postman who if I'm out always finds one of the neighbours to leave stuff with and puts a card in my box telling me where it is. :)

Definitely variable. I have ordered stuff just betore a 6.00 deadline and received it by 8.00 next morning. And of course, I was in no hurry to get it on that occasion. Typical.

K

They both finally arrived yesterday, the package from screwfix looked like it had been chucked about the place but was fine otherwise. Still don't know the reason for it being sent to the wrong depot first.

The mystery surrounding the package from Amazon was solved though. I was given an old Dewalt cordless drill that had been thrown away because the battery was on its last legs so I ordered a replacement aftermaket battery for £25.

On the package it arrived in was a message from the Royal Mail. It said:

This item was identified as possibly containing dangerous goods,
and as such was opened and checked by the National Returns
Centre team.
The item does not contain any dangerous goods, is labelled
correctly and therefore safe to transport BY AIR.

At least I now know that if I order any more batteries not to pay for speedy delivery :D

I recently received an item through the post with my address on but for someone else. Not knowing the recipient I wrote on the address label 'Not known at this address' the following day it arrived again! This time I wrote in felt marker across the parcel 'STILL NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS' It hasn't been delivered to me any more. :roll:
Have to say you have me worried now as I have just ordered a battery from Amazon and paid for the faster delivery too. :(

Back